12 Creative Ways to Worship God
Do you treat your church like a Macdonald’s? Some people think the worship service is not as important as the sermon. The sermon is the meat of the church service, and worship is the suggestion of vegetables in the beginning and the end. Some people want a quick service. Quick in, quick out. Listen to the sermon and have no time to sing worship songs or prayer.
Say if the sermon is the message from God, then the worship is our message to God. Communication goes both ways, and worship allows us to communicate with God.
There are many kinds of worship music. Some are traditional like the hymns, some are contemporary like Christian rap. I enjoy all of them. However, worship isn’t just about worship music.
When you worship, you are saying God is worthy. God is worthy because of all the God he has done for you. God is worthy so you are willing to take the time to praise him, and love His kingdom. Worship is a time when we pay deep, sincere, awesome respect, love, and fear to the one who created us. God wants worship not only on your lips, but also in your hearts. Determine if you are worshiping in spirit and in truth. So therefore, it doesn’t matter how you worship God as long as what you are doing is pleasing to God, and glorifies God’s name.
12 Creative Ways to Worship God:
1. Keep a photo journal of gratitude. E.g. start an online album of your favorite foods.
2. Write a letter to your future self to remind your future self of all the good God has done for you.
3. Create something for God. Eg. art, music, poem, short story, an invention.
4. Keep a visual journal of your prayer requests. E.g. if you are praying for somebody, stick a photo of the person in your visual journal and write encouraging scripture around it.
5. Meditate on the Lord’s word and listen for him.
6. Do something ordinary and think about God while doing it, and dedicated it to God. E.g. while washing the dishes.
7. Help the next person who asks for your help, no matter what.
8. Help God’s kingdom by taking care of yourself first. Eat healthier, exercise, rest.
9. Dedicate a weekend to help a cause. E.g. have a recycle party.
10. Write a letter/email to somebody you haven’t talk to in a while and express gratitude and give words of encouragement. Better yet, you can just tell them over the phone or in person.
11. Put a Bible in your bag and determine to give it away today.
12. Wear a cross necklace for one month and explain your love for Christ to anybody who asks about it.
Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker! - Psalm 95