How to Write a Personal Testimony (with Template)
I am Second series, with famous peoples’ testimonies.
The most exciting thing you can do in your life is to help another person come into the love of Christ. It is the most loving thing you can possible do for another person. The moment you trust in Christ, you are called and commissioned to be a messenger of the Good News (Gospel) to people who haven’t heard it yet.
Read My Brutally Honest Personal Testimony here.
“Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.” – 1 Peter 3:15
Your personal testimony is the most persuasive form of communication because nobody can argue with your experiences or your feelings.
Step One: Pray and ask God
Step Two: Write
Write the least words on point 1 and most words on point 4.
- What my life was like before Christ
- How I realized that I needed Christ
- How I committed my life to Christ
- The difference it has made in my life
- Don’t quote a lot of scripture or use a lot of Christian jargons.
- Don’t talk down to people. Always respect others.
- Don’t exaggerate or brag about pre-conversion sins.
- Don’t share mystical experiences.
- Don’t forget to communicate what the Gospel is.
- What common circumstances would an unbeliever identify with?
- What were your attitudes that an unbeliever would identify with?
- What was most important to you?
- What substitute for God did you use to find meaning in your life?
- What significant steps led up to your conversion?
- What needs, hurts, or problems made you dissatisfied with the way you were living without God?
- How did God get your attention?
- What motivated you?
- What specifically did you do?
- Where did it happen?
- What did you say in your prayer?
- Be specific
- What benefits have you experienced or felt?
- What problems have been resolved?
- How has Jesus helped you change for the better?
- How has it helped your relationships?
- Give a current example